Discover new perspectives as
1/2019 Product Specialist (m/f/d)
Generali Vitality is the Joint Venture of Generali and Discovery that develops, implements and operates the innovative programme for active health management. Generali Vitality is a "disruptive innovation" that links a dynamic risk assessment, a holistic health approach and a unique reward programme.
Discovery (DSY) is a South African health and life protection (since 2011 motor) insurer founded in 1993. It started its international expansion in 2004 and has since then entered the UK, US, and the Asian market. With Generali Vitality we are offering the first insurance solution of its kind in continental Europe: the partnership (exclusivity basis) between Generali and Discovery will cover all European countries (excluding the UK) where Generali operates, with an initial focus on Germany, France, Austria - other countries will follow later based on proper assessment. Objective of the partnership is to leverage on the wellness programme in order to build a unique value proposition for the customer base of Generali in Europe (focusing on health and protection business).
We are currently looking for a Product Specialist (m/f/d).
- Support Generali business units in building Vitality linked health and life insurance products
- Understand Generali’s business goals and challenges as well as the broader market context
- Develop Vitality integration concepts in collaboration with the local business, leveraging Discovery’s experience with Vitality linked products
- Perform assessments of the legal/regulatory environment, including relevant restrictions
- Map current product and price competitiveness Explain Discovery’s Shared Value Model
- Define justifiable pricing assumptions for Vitality linked product lines, particularly with regards to the correlation of Vitality engagement with persistency and claims
- Be the primary contact person for Generali business units for actuarial and product development topics
- Design and price the core Vitality product
- Understand the Vitality Group Standard Product as well as the Generali European Base Product well enough to sell and explain them to a new market
- Localise the above product to a particular market based on identified needs and restrictions
- Define pricing assumptions for Vitality benefits using available data sources
- Developing a monitoring methodology to track the performance of the Vitality business
- Track existing products to ensure assumptions are sound and products are performing as expected, and modify as required
- Make decisions and recommendations regarding financial implications
- Developing strategies for improving and driving engagement
- 5-10 years experience in a product development role within the Financial Services industry
- Post Graduate degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics and/or Statistics essential
- Ability to deliver high quality results in a high pace / high pressure environment
- Fluent in English
- Expert technical product knowledge of Life and/or Health products
Nice to have
- Experience of the European insurance industry
- Previous experience in working for complex and innovative projects
- Worked in more than one country
- Qualified Actuary advantageous
- Experience with Vitality (or Vitality integrated products) advantageous
- Networking and relationship building capability
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Actuarial and statistical modelling (attention to detail)
- Able to formulate strategies and concepts
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Keen collaborator and willingness to work with and support other functions
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to up skill people regarding Discovery IP
We look forward to your application.
Please don't hesitate to contact HRdirect (phone number +49 221/1636-56655) if there are any further questions in regard to the application process.
For more information Karriereblog.