Discover new perspectives at Generali Deutschland AG!
Big Data / ETL Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Generali is one of the leading primary insurance groups in the German market. As part of the international Generali Group, Generali operates in Germany with the brands Generali, CosmosDirekt and Dialog in the life, health and property/casualty segments. The products of Generali Deutschland Versicherungen are exclusively available from Deutsche Vermögensberatung Unternehmensgruppe.
Welcome to the IT of the Generali Deutschland AG. We provide innovative IT services for companies of the international Generali Group. Our core competencies are the development of high-performance and future-proof Group IT applications as well as in the stable and cost-effective operation of a multi-platform infrastructure.
We are part of Generali Deutschland and are looking for first-class employees. Here at Generali, you'll find everything you need to advance your career. Tasks that challenge you. Responsibility that feels good. Teams that look forward to working with you.
To strengthen our Health Systems and BI Analytics (HSB) department at the sites at Aachen or Hamburg, we are looking for you as a full-time Big Data Engineer (m/f/d) for the area of Big Data Analytics and as a member of our Data Engineering team in the PADI project (Platform for Analytics and Data Insights).
- You work in the cross-functional team Thor as DevOps within the agile project PADI and help to build a group-wide data platform including a data marketplace
- You will develop and operate ETL jobs as well as processes for data integration, while actively shaping the architecture of the platform
- In addition to the further development of the platform, you will focus on the smooth running of production and try to derive improvements through monitoring and performance measurement
- You support us in the operation, maintenance and further development of individual components of our infrastructure
- In order to be prepared for new use cases, you will increasingly deal with cloud solutions together with us
- You will support the development of an automated CI/CD pipeline in order to provide the customer with new data as quickly as possible
- You have successfully completed an IT-technical education or a degree in computer science, mathematics or engineering
- Terms like BI, DWH and Big Data are well-known words for you and interest you
- You are a team player and have the desire to work together in a team to provide a product for the customer and understand their language and needs
- You are proficient in one of the following programming languages: Java or Python
- You have solid data science or business intelligence skills and several years of experience in data-intensive environments
- You are familiar with (non-) relational databases and can handle them with confidence
- At best, you have already gained experience with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Ideally, you already have experience with ETL tools, such as Talend
- Ideally, you have already had contact with the cloud, e.g. AWS
- Communication in English is no problem for you
What you can expect from us
- Attractive compensation, above-average corporate benefits as well as a pleasant working environment
- A company that cares about the future of its customers and employees
- An employer that promotes diversity, continuous learning and open cooperation
- Exciting topics and projects and working on them in agile project teams
- Opportunities for further training and individual skill development
HR Services will be happy to answer any further questions you may have about the general application process by calling +49 221/1636-56650.
For more information Karriereblog.