Discover new perspectives as
Cloud Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Welcome to the IT of the Generali Deutschland AG. We provide innovative IT services for companies of the international Generali Group. Our core competencies are the development of high-performance and future-proof Group IT applications as well as in the stable and cost-effective operation of a multi-platform infrastructure.
We are part of Generali Deutschland and are looking for first-class employees. Here at Generali, you'll find everything you need to advance your career. Tasks that challenge you. Responsibility that feels good. Teams that look forward to working with you.
To strengthen our Health Systems and BI Analytics (HSB) department at the sites in Aachen or Hamburg, we are looking for you to join us full time as Cloud Data Engineer (m/f/d) as soon as possible in one of our agile teams, which will be responsible for the further development of our Platform for Analytics and Data Insights (PADI).
- You support our agile project team PADI as a developer (m/f/d) in building and operating self-service systems for Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Power Users
- You will work together with colleagues from IT and business at the project location Aachen/Hamburg and support the implementation of use cases
- You will conceptualize, design and develop components, processes and frameworks to further develop our data-driven solutions for data analytics and for the application of AI algorithms on our Big Data ecosystem
- You will develop container-based, scalable solutions based on existing software frameworks and evolve them through cloud native services
- You will support access to structured and unstructured data using cloud and on-premise components
- You are responsible for the provision and deployment of all platform components in compliance with the agreed SLAs
- You ensure release management as well as the rollout of existing components
- You address the needs of different customers by providing solutions for different workstations with different requirements
- You will also be responsible for actively consulting with the customer to leverage appropriate technologies to optimize business processes
- You will cover all DevOps areas and work in agile software development using Continuous Integration to achieve their goals together with the team
- You have successfully completed an IT-technical education or an engineering/scientific (computer science, mathematics, physics or similar) study program
- You have profound Big Data knowledge and several years of practical experience in the field of Data Engineering or ML Engineering
- You have very good knowledge in the context of Data Management and ETL/ELT
- You have good knowledge of at least one of the programming languages used at Generali (e.g. Python, Java, Scala, or similar)
- You have in-depth knowledge of cloud architectures and services (AWS, GCP)
- You have very strong experience in software development in teams and have knowledge of versioning and deployment tools (e.g. Git, Subversion, Jenkins)
- You have a proven track record of working as part of an agile development team or data engineering / data science domain and using cloud services
- You not only know the technology, but also speak the language of the business and know how to work in cross-functional agile teams
- A methodical, structured approach and strategic thinking are natural to you
- You are able to quickly and independently familiarize yourself with complex issues
- Communication both in German and in English is no problem for you
- You convince through your customer orientation, motivational and communication skills as well as your confident appearance
- Teamwork in a spirit of partnership is an indispensable part of your daily work
What you can expect from us
- Attractive compensation, above-average corporate benefits as well as a pleasant working environment
- A company that cares about the future of its customers and employees
- An employer that promotes diversity, continuous learning and open cooperation
- Exciting topics and projects and working on them in agile project teams
Are you looking for a company that cares about the future of its customers and employees? An employer that promotes diversity, continuous learning and open cooperation? Then send us your application!
HR Services will be happy to answer any further questions you may have about the general application process by calling +49 221/1636-56650.
For more information Karriereblog.